October 13, 2014

Prayer Request for my son, Kaleb

On October 6th, I posted the video at the bottom of this post, to my Facebook page regarding our son Kaleb and our request for prayer.

To give you a little bit of a background, Kaleb has had 3 Febrile Seizures that occurred in May, July and August that were related to some small illness that was affecting him and causing the seizures to occur.

The subsequent seizures that he's had were not related to any sickness at all and on Thursday, October 2nd, he had one in the afternoon and on Friday the 3rd, we went to Cook Children's Hospital in Ft. Worth to discuss his recent seizure and see if there were any other tests that could be done to help identify the problem.

On Saturday the 4th he had 2 seizures and we took him to the ER that afternoon and we reluctantly decided to begin treating him with Keppra, to help minimize or reduce the seizure experience.  That evening, at around 5:50 p.m., Kaleb had a third seizure.

The video (Length - 11:49) provides an update regarding how Kaleb has been shortly after beginning the medication.

I'll provide another video update again soon.

My wife and I greatly appreciate your prayers for us and for Kaleb.

No comments: